How to Transfer Large Files Synchronously？
File synchronization is the process of ensuring that computer files in two or more locations are updated by certain rules.
About file synchronization
In one-way file synchronization (also called mirroring), the updated files are copied from the "source" location to one or more "target" locations, but no files are copied back to the source location. In two-way file synchronization, updated files are copied in both directions, usually to keep the two locations the same. Nowadays, general file synchronization usually refers to two-way file synchronization.
The general file synchronization system has the following functions:
- Encryption to ensure security, especially when compressing any data sent through the network when synchronizing via the Internet.
- Conflict detection modifies the location of the file on two sources instead of on one source. Undetected conflicts may result in overwriting the copy of the file with the latest version, resulting in data loss. For conflict detection, the synchronization software needs to keep a database of synchronized files. Distributed conflict detection can use the version vector to copy the data or application files in use or exclusively locked database files, "open file support" can ensure data integrity;
- Especially supports the use of intermediate storage devices (such as removable flash drives ) to synchronize two computers. Most synchronization programs can be used in this way, but providing specific support for this can reduce the amount of data stored on the device;
- The ability to preview any changes before the change;
- The ability to view the differences in individual files;
- Backups between operating systems and Transmission between network computers;
- At present, more and more people have multiple intelligent terminal devices, which greatly facilitates people's work and life.
The popularization of intelligent terminal equipment brings convenience to people but also brings new challenges to people's file management. How to ensure data consistency among multiple devices and how to efficiently synchronize files have become the focus of attention. When we want to process some work files when we get home, file synchronization can play a great role, and we can process work things at home just like in a company.
Methods of file synchronization
Tools used for file synchronization are, for example, Raysync, FreeFileSync, Syncthing, Dropbox, FileGee, GoodSync, etc.
Let's look at a few of these methods!
- Enterprise-level Reliability
- Mass-scale Synchronization
- Efficient Synchronization
- Flexible Configuration
Raysync can transfer large files on a full-bandwidth basis, which allows organizations to transfer files intact over any distance and network environment
It leverages the architecture to synchronize millions of small files or petabytes-sized files, and supports multiple concurrent sessions, clusters and 10 Gigabit transmission speed.
Efficient identification of file update status to avoid retransmission of the same file and reduce unnecessary synchronization
Support Multiple Operations: one-way and two-way synchronization, timed synchronization, encrypted or unencrypted, keep modification time, transfer only source files, synchronized deletion, etc.
The biggest feature is the use of P2P distributed technology similar to Resilio Sync (BitTorrent Sync), which allows multiple devices to synchronize files with each other in real-time without a central server. The function is very close to Resilio Sync / BT Sync, but it says It seems to be a server software or cloud storage service application used to build network disks. Compared to server tools such as Seafile and NextCloud, Syncthing is actually more like a file/folder synchronization tool.
It is a free network file synchronization tool. It is an online storage service operated by Dropbox. It synchronizes files on the Internet through cloud computing. Users can store and share files and folders. Dropbox provides free and paid services. Dropbox's paid services include Dropbox Pro and Dropbox for Business. There is client software under different operating systems, and there are web clients.
Realizing the safe synchronization of files can reduce the time spent on file backup and storage for freelancers and independent employees. The version backtracking function provides unparalleled convenience for some misoperations or version comparison. So that workers can focus more on work instead of documents. For enterprises, file synchronization is more convenient for managers to understand and control the progress of the entire project.
Previous:5 Secure File Transfer Service